Regretfully we have had to cancel this event due to illness.
The event organiser, David Wilce, has unfortunately had to withdraw from the event due to ill health.
We therefore have decided that it will be best to cancel the event with the hope that we can re-arrange a similar event later in the year.
Our apologies for the inconvenance that this may cause but feel that this is the best decision at this moment in time.
The Rose Society UK in conjunction with The British Isles Rose Society(BIRS) would like to announce
A Day of Roses 2018 on 15th April in Wakefield
The first question is obviously; what is a Day of Roses? Well it is simply a day when like-minded rose nuts gather together to discuss and chat about their favourite flower. We’ve lined up a full days program to entertain and amuse you. Apart from the general rose chat there will be three one hour sessions when we have experienced, respected rosarians sharing their knowledge and skill.
The day’s programme will be;
- 0930 to 1030 – Arrival and a hot breakfast roll with tea and coffee.
- 1030 to 1130 – A presentation by top UK rose grower and showman Tony Bracegirdle; sharing his wealth of knowledge from over 50 years of rose growing
- 1130 to 1230 – Renowned rosarian Bernhard Mehring has immense experience in rose growing, rose breeding and worked for many years with the German rose company Tantau Roses. Bernhard will give us a glimpse into his fascinating world of roses
- 1230 until 1400 – lunch at a nearby fish restaurant. A full menu is available.
- 1415 to 1530 – Questions and Answers – our experts will be on hand to deal with any of your rose-related questions
- 1530 to 1600 – tea and leave for home
The cost of the day will be just £20 for society members which will include all catering.
The event will be held in Wakefield, just 2 miles from junction 41 of the M1 and roughly the same from junction 31 of the M62. There are a number of reasonably priced hotels close by including Ramada, Holiday Inn Express and Cedar Court if you wish to stay over on saturday night for a fresh start on sunday morning.
Please contact event organiser David Wilce using the form below:
Tony Bracegirdle will be one of our speakers at The Day of Roses
Bernhard Mehring will be sharing with us some of his knowledge and experiences from working with Tantau Rosen in Germany